Thursday, January 1, 2015

Mass Effect - N7 Eagle - Update I

So as the spring semester draws closer I figure I should take the time to address future projects now, as I know I won't have the time to do so in the future. This is something that also has an interesting situation, one that's more positive of course. A friend and co-worker made a ZCorp printed version of this gun and wasn't very happy with the way it turned out. He didn't know how mold making or resin casting worked so I offered my services. A mutual agreement was reached, and work began.

Unfortunately there was a several week waiting period as the original intended 3D printer was down for maintenance. That printer was the Dimensions SST1200 es the same one I used to print my Destiny Knife on. Once back up the pieces were printed (6) of them, each taking several hours, followed by a several hour light acid bath to dissolve the support materials.

There it sits, at my house ready to get minor spot puttying and then primed and prepared for molding. The awesome part about this gun is that it will be cast in 6 separate pieces utilizing built in registration keys, making molding pieces with large undercuts a lot easier as well. If the gun were molded as one whole piece there would be areas were it would be impossible to do a 2 part mold.

More information will be updated as I go, but here's a quick teaser pick, this baby is gonna be awesome when it's finished.


Cheers,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment